One of the worst things to happen on vacation is to deal with an unexpected injury or accident which could have been prevented if the right safety measures were taken. While we don’t expect anything to go wrong on a trip we’ve waited so long to go on, the truth is that accidents can happen anywhere, anytime. Car crashes are a risk for travelers in particular because people are being put in the position of driving in an unfamiliar, somewhere they likely haven’t driven before. Not only are you completely unaware of the layout of the town or city, there may also be certain laws you are oblivious to.
The following are precautions you can take to avoid a car accident while on vacation:
- Always wear seatbelts, and put children in car seats
- Avoid riding in a car at night, especially if you are in an unfamiliar or underdeveloped country
- Avoid riding motorcycles
- Don’t drink and drive
- Don’t get into a taxi that is unmarked or does not have a seatbelt
- Be extremely careful crossing the street, as vehicles may come from an unexpected direction
- Read up on local traffic laws before you drive
- Avoid overcrowded buses, trucks, or vans, as they may be disproportionately heavy
Contact Our Reston and Northern Virginia Injury Lawyers Today
At Hall & Sethi, PLC, we have a history of successfully serving the injured, applying our aggressive approach and dedicated work ethic to each and every case we handle. Not only do we offer comprehensive legal counsel during your most difficult time, we are also a pillar of guidance you can lean on for as long as you need. Our compassionate and experienced Reston and Northern Virginia injury lawyers truly want to help victims of injury recover from what they have undergone, which is why we work so hard to obtain the compensation you require in a timely fashion.
Please don’t hesitate to call us at (703) 991-1949.