Gobind S. Sethi
Reston Personal Injury Lawyer
Gobind S. Sethi has represented clients across Virginia and New York for over 13 years. He takes a comprehensive approach to his cases, working in-depth with clients from the pre-filing phase through trial. Among his peers, he is a very well respected attorney for his trial and appeal work. Mr. Sethi has argued two cases before the Supreme Court of Virginia with each case resulting in a favorable outcome for his client.
Background & Education
Mr. Sethi grew up in Virginia as an active member of the community. He attended law school at The American University, Washington College of Law and graduated with distinction. After graduation, he worked at the Office of the Corporation Counsel for the City of New York, in which capacity he defended the City of New York and its agencies in civil lawsuits. His experience working as a civil defense attorney provides Mr. Sethi an understanding of those issues he thinks the defense will target in cases he is prosecuting.
Some of Gobind Sethi’s focuses include:
Mr. Sethi’s Strategy for Success
Many of Mr. Sethi’s clients have come to highly appreciate his services due to his pragmatic and creative approach to their cases. In this era of specialization, he is fortunate to be one of those lawyers who has extensive experience with each phase of litigation, including conducting discovery, depositions and trial. These experiences allow him to better serve his clients and achieve favorable results.
Mr. Sethi was the lead trial counsel in an MVA case in the Circuit of Loudoun County. His team won a jury verdict of $118,500 for his client—nearly 5 times larger than $25,000 final offer the insurance company made.
Another favorable jury verdict Mr. Sethi received was challenged by the Defendant as being excessive. The verdict, however, was affirmed by the Supreme Court of Virginia with wide publicity including a feature on the front page of the Virginia Lawyers’ Weekly in 2014.
The focused effort that went into the above cases is what Mr. Sethi strives to provide all his clients. If you would like to speak with Mr. Sethi, call (703) 991-1949 to schedule a meeting.
- Juris Doctorate, American University, Washington College of Law, 2002, cum laude.
- Master of Arts, International Affairs, American University, 2004.
- B.S.F.S., Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, Georgetown University, 1998
Awards / Accolades
- Virginia Poverty Law Center (Vice President, Board of Directors, 2016 – present)
- Virginia Poverty Law Center (Board of Directors, 2015 – 2016).
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Board of Governors ex officio, 2010 – present)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Co-Chair, Pro Bono Committee, 2016 – present)
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (Co-Chair, Amicus Curiae Committee, 2014 – 2016)
- Virginia 2006
- Washington, DC 2006
- New York 2003
- Virginia Federal Courts: Eastern District, Western District
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association (2008 – present)
- Fairfax Bar Association (2008 – present)